In Memory

Don Hancock

Don Hancock

Don Max Hancock

November 28, 1942 ~ March 1, 2019 (age 76)

Don Max Hancock passed away on Friday, March 1, 2019, from cancer.  He was born the second son of Raymond Francis Hancock and Juanita Aubele on November 28, 1942.

He grew up in Ogden, Utah attending Ogden City Schools and graduated from Ogden High School.

He worked for the Union Pacific Railroad as a car foreman and operated the derailment crane.  He also worked for Utah Auto Parts for many years.

He married Beverley June Webb on December 7, 1963.  They were later divorced.

He is survived by his son Alan G. (Deborah) Hancock of Snohomish, WA and special friend Pat Miller.

He was preceded in death by his parents and his older brother Glen Hancock.

His family wishes to express their appreciation to Signature Hospice for their tender care and support. They also would like to express their sincere gratitude to Alan’s Friend Dale Moore for his kindness and endless support to Don during his elder years.

In lieu of flowers he requests donations to Primary Children’s Hospital, 100 Mario Capecchi Dr., Salt Lake City, UT.  84113

Friends may visit with family on Thursday, March 7, 2019, from 11:00 am – 12:30 pm at Leavitt’s Mortuary, 836 36th St., Ogden, UT 84403.  Graveside Services will follow at 1:00 pm at Ogden City Cemetery, 1875 Monroe Blvd., Ogden, UT  84401.

go to bottom 
  Post Comment

03/06/19 10:18 AM #1    

Ray Boyle III

 we lost another of the good ones. you will be missed in hooper too.

03/10/19 04:00 PM #2    

Ed Freestone

We were neighborhood friends.  I'll always remember a trip to West Yellowstone we took in 1956.  Because both of our dads were railroaders we both could ride the rails for free.  Don's family was already at their cabin so we took the the train up to meet them.  The greatest fishing day of my life happened when one of their family friends took us out on Yellowstone Lake in his boat a day or two after we got there.  There were five of us in the boat but Don and I were the only two fishing.  We caught 23 beautiful Lake Trout in less than an hour.  Every time the pop-gear hit the water it was less than 3 minutes before we had a strike.  Talk about a great experience!

As I remember, we got home sometime around the first of July and Glen, Don's older brother, was diagnosed with Polio about the first of August.  Sad to say, Glen only lived about three weeks.  A few weeks later Don was in the hospital with Polio.  The neighborhood was so relieved when he survived.

I also have a lot of memories of Don's Impala 409 tripower.  The very first 409 in Ogden.  But that's another story.

go to top 
  Post Comment